Strategy in Practice – How to Compete Successfully
Strategic thinking is becoming an essential skill for every manager. A consistent, coherent, effective and appropriate strategy is critical to the long-term success of an organization and managers at all levels have an important role to play in the survival and the prosperity of their companies.
The „Strategy In Practice” training program:
- equips participants with the knowledge and skills required in the processes of strategy development and the understanding of what strategic analysis, choice and implementation means;
- develops a good level of understanding of the models, concepts and interpretations used both in theory and in the practical application of strategy;
- sustains the application of the learning into the actual context of the organization the participants belong to.
The program is a combination of short training sessions that present the most important models of strategy analysis on one hand, and workshop sessions that allow participants to place the theory into the company’s context on the other hand. The emphasis is on the development and practical application of the strategy, the understanding of the processes and the factors that have to be taken into consideration when formulating a strategy and the interdependence between strategy and other constituents of the organization (structure, processes, systems, culture, power, competencies, resources, etc.).
Strategic analysis and decision
The main topics of the program are as follows:
- Strategy: definition and approach;
- The stakeholder analysis, What is success, The stakeholders diagram, The power matrix;
- The external environment, The STEEPLEV analysis, The SWOT analysis;
- The industry structure, Porter’s five forces, Strategic groups and spaces;
- Generic strategies, Competitive advantage and scope, Strategic options;
- Resources and capabilities, Industry key success factors, Benchmarking, Resources and capability gaps;
- The value chain analysis, Opportunities to compete;
- Structure, systems, culture, power;
- Evaluation of strategies, The FSA model;
- Strategy implementation, The Balanced Scorecard.